I have some new zines up on my Etsy store! Dealing with Rejection in the Arts (made for the FotP2021 Zine Swap) and The Zinester’s Art of Folding (made for Upstream Festival 2020).
Oh hey, cool zine news: I’m gonna have a virtual stall at Sticky Institute’s Festival of the Photocopier online! The site will launch on 20th February at 12pm AEDT at fotp.online. The website will be live for at least a year post-launch, which is really exciting for those who can’t pop by this weekend.
See you online, zinesters!
The Upstream Zine Fair is happening on Sat 7 March, 5pm to 9pm in Wodonga, Victoria. I’ll be hosting a workshop on alternative/unique ways to fold your zines and I’ll also have a zine stall! You’ll be able to buy most of my zines (and if you can’t make it to Wodonga, you can buy them on Etsy or Gumroad).
If you also want to table and sell your zines, contact: email@example.com. Please come zine with me!
Come say hi to me and buy some zines at Festival of the Photocopier 2020!
February Sat 8th & Sun 9th
12-5pm @ Meat Market, North Melbourne
I’ll have a new spooky chatterbox zine and plant zine available, as well as old favourites like Ikea Blackout Poetry and limited copies of my book Milk Teeth!
Then on Tuesday 29 October, my story ‘Bodies Needed’ will be released as part of the audio series Urban Internet Myths at Digital Writers’ Festival, voiced and produced by Rudi Bremer. I can’t wait for you to hear the spooky, kooky and weird episodes in this series!
Cover image courtesy of Digital Writer’s Festival.
I have a ton happening over the next couple of months! If you want to hang out with me in Newcastle or Brisbane, check out these events I’ll be doing:
- Sat 14 Sept 2019 – ‘Your gender, your story: find your creative voice through poetry’ – workshop at Our Lives, A Gender Diversity Conference @ Newcastle
- Sat 28 Sept 2019 – Stuff and Cirquetry – Vulcana Circus @ Brisbane Powerhouse, 6.30pm
- Thurs 3 Oct 2019 – Debate: Is Flash Fiction Just Bad Poetry? – National Young Writers’ Festival @ Newcastle City Library, 6.30pm
- Thurs 3 Oct 2019 – Cuplet Carnival – National Young Writers’ Festival @ Newcastle City Library, 8pm
- Fri 4 Oct 2019 – Panel: How to Handle Feedback – National Young Writers’ Festival @ Newcastle City Library, 4pm
- Fri 4 Oct 2019 – Zine & Heard – National Young Writers’ Festival @ Newcastle City Library, 7pm
- Sun 6 Oct 2019 – NYWF Zine Fair – National Young Writers’ Festival @ Newcastle City Library, 11am-4pm
I’ll be tabling at the UQ Art Museum zine fair on 4 May, 10am-4pm! I’ll be selling copies of all my zines and a handful of Milk Teeths. Come along and say hi!
Last night the Queensland Poetry Festival program for 2018 was launched and it’s truly wonderful! The festival runs from Thursday 23rd to Sunday 26th August 2018 and you can view the FULL PROGRAM on the website.
Here’s a peak at what I’ll be getting up to at the Festival, including reading queer poetry, slinging zines and launching my very first book!
- Sat 25 August, 2018 4.30-6pm – The Big Read @ Judith Wright Centre, Performance Space. Featuring: Alison Whittaker, Tricia Dearborn, Fury The Poet, Laniyuk Garcon-Mills, Stuart Barnes and Zenobia Frost! This event is also Auslan interpreted with is so important and good.
- Sat 25 August, 2018 6-7pm – MILK TEETH book launch! @ Judith Wright Centre, Foyer
- Sun 26 August, 2018 12-5pm – QPF Zine Fair @ Judith Wright Centre
Attention Brisbane folk! The Tundish Review Issue 6 Launch is tomorrow evening at Betty’s Espresso & Bar from 7pm.
I’ll be reading some poetry about teen camping trips and Pokemon Go!
And if you feel inclined to read something yourself, there’s an open mic. Wow us with your words and buy a copy of The Tundish Review #6!
I have just released a weird zine / micro-chapbook of new poems called ‘Junk’, inspired by a spam email I received. I was drawn to the peculiar poetry of the probable-bot, who was trying to seduce me with clunky mysterious lines like: ‘I stroked him his chest, abdomen, sponges.’
So I used only lines, phrases and words from this spam email to create 5 poems. I hope you enjoy it!